1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

WWWEEEEEEELLLLLLL...Well, it's the fans snoring...

2. He was his best in 2000, right after the Rock's first SNL appearance, doing all those various imitations. Pretty funny guy when allowed to be...

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Only memorable thing about the Show was the match with Brock Lesnar when the ring broke after Lesnar hit a superplex.

A great moment and angle.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That moment was unfuckingbelievable.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Eh. Give me Bam Bam Bigelow putting Taz through the ring. :D

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Apologies for the back-to-back posts, but my GOD, Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman are the worst announcing team this side of Tony Schiavone and Stagger Lee Marshall. Less is NOT more, idiots! SAY SOMETHING!

7. HandsomeHarley

I've always hated the announcers who try to hard to be heels.

Jerry Lawler and Jesse Ventura were naturals. Coach is pathetic.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But coach is amazing calling a football game in the booth. I wonder why he sucks so much in WWE?

9. HandsomeHarley

Probably because it's scripted, and he knows what's going to happen beforehand.

Lawler admitted in his book that he skipped all the production meetings in WWE because he didn't want to know what was going to happen. He could call the match better on the fly.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Agree. When Paul Wight was given a chance to be funny, he was gold. I also am a big fan (and always have been) of the bigger wrestlers -- guys like Andre and Earthquake and Typhoon back in the day to Yokozuna in the early to mid 90s and guys like Big Show now.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

It wasn't what Cole and Coach were saying that made me hate them as a team. It's what they weren't saying.

For at least a minute at a stretch.

While there were things going on in the ring.

If you DVRd/TiVod it, go back and watch the end of the Noble/Palumbo segment. Brutal.

12. Better than the TNA team, who talk over EVERYTHING.

Draft saved Draft deleted