1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I figured it was time to update.

From WrestlingObserver.com:

--Hulk Hogan was on Rachel Ray today. He said that Andre was really 700 pounds when he slammed him, not 500 like people say, and that he tore all these muscles when slamming him. Business as usual. I wonder what Inoki says. (Thanks to Heath Santo)

Hulk Hogan is still a bald-headed lying piece of crap, even in 2008. BTW, for those not in the know, Hogan was NOT the first wrestler to bodyslam Andre. That distinction goes to none other than yours truly, the Greatest Wrestler on God's Green Earth. That's right: Handsome Harley Race.

2. HandsomeHarley

BTW: WO.com says the WWE has signed a "star performer" and elsewhere mentions the signing of a former multi-time world champion that formerly was in WWE.

Anyone have a subscription or knows who they're talking about? Is it the same person?

Multi-time world champion brings to mind only The Big Show.

Can't be Brock Lesnar because he signed with UFC. Kurt Angle is signed by TNA, so it can't be him.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

World heavyweight champion? If we're including tag team, cruiserweight and women's titles, it could damn be anyone.

4. HandsomeHarley

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it wasn't a "WWE question" where the answer could be vague, but from the W.O.

5. HandsomeHarley

It appears to be the same person (the 'new' wrestler and 'multi-time world champion'). Here is how he words it:

We've got info on a former multi-time world champion who has signed to return to WWE as one of the many lead stories in Monday's jumbo-sized issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Jeff Jarrett?

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Not sure if this is the man in question, but LordsOfPain.net says Ron Killings is telling people at indy shows that WWE has put a deal in front of him, and he's going to sign it.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Never. Jarrett basically extorted a quarter-million out of Titan Towers in order to not take the IC belt with him to WCW in '99 (his contract expired the day before the PPV). And he has a front-office role at TNA, which I believe he also still has an ownership stake in.

9. speaking of former TNA guys, did we discuss Jeff Hardy's twisty leap thingamabob off the cage Monday?

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, in the other thread. Awesome moment, and unlike in old Jeff Hardy matches, it made perfect sense within the context of the match (Orton keeps blocking his way out of the cage, so he shows him how fucking nuts he can be by dropping Umaga with a Whisper in the Wind). Do fans ever love this guy. Wonder if they'd actually give Hardy a title reign?

As for the mystery champion, apparently it's Big Show, according to my sources (people who can get into the Torch's VIP section)

11. Whoop de damn do.

12. HandsomeHarley

Never cared for Big Show. Just another immobile wrestler getting pushed to the moon.

Draft saved Draft deleted