1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! My car window won't go up...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

At least something still works.

Thing is - and goodness knows I've never moonlighted as a dealer mechanic - I would think each of the buttons have their own switches and probably their own fuses, as well. Could be a window regulator, which is what the motor uses to roll the window up and down in the door.

Any way you can cover the door with plastic sheeting and get it to the dealer in a few hours? They're going to have to troubleshoot this ... the more parts I look at, the more possibilities emerge ... i.e., I'm not helping.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

use a net like the NASCAR boys use

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm not covering it. We have no street lights, and I'm freezing. I'm going to bed, curling up under an electric blanket, and setting my alarm for like 8:30 to shower and head out.

Hell, I don't even know when service stations open. Or where the closest one is. I'm a waste of space.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Should find a shop open by 7ish.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuck. OK, then I'm going to bed. I don't want to spend my day at a repair shop, so I guess I'd better get there early.

Night all!

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Do you know where the Nissan dealership is? Even if you get another dependable mechanic to fix it, you may have to get the part(s).

Good night, IJAG. Take care ...

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It'll be about a $250 (with labor) fix. I had a similar thing happen to me, they had to replace the entire mechanism.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh good.. ruin her morning...

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Man, with the way my car is falling apart, a $250 fix is a blessing. The repairs are starting to average a grand.

10. Kneepads cost about $10.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

UPDATE:

I just walked back from the service station. They'll "take a look at it sometime today."

My bigger concern, however, are the two random charges for roughly $300 from hotels I didn't stay at. One is a Marriott, and it never showed up on my reservations list (god knows I check that thing all the time) and the other is a LaQuinta, which I've never booked in my life.

So how I'm going to pay for the car that's in the shop, I have no idea. Hope for money to show up at my doorstep!

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

ANOTHER UPDATE (though no one seems to care :p)

I have gotten both hotel charges taken off, but that will take several days to go through, of course. Guy called from the garage. I can get out the door for $237 or so, counting parts and labor and a state inspection (hadn't had one in the three years I lived here, and two $87 tickets didn't persuade me otherwise).

So I told him I'd grab a nap, then head up to see him. I guess I'm using my debit card, hauling ass up to a cash advance place, then paying them back Tuesday when the refunds should hit. It should only cost me like $10 interest that way, instead of $35 for overdrawing my account. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.