1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any interest in a running "great piece" thread?

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by hockeybeat, Sep 16, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

After reading the Wash Post story that Headbutt linked, I began to think.

We post a lot of links to great stories. And that's great; it's one of the benefits of this board. Everyone can read and learn and improve, no matter what type of writer or desker you are; young, old; newspaper, magazine, book, website.

So I thought that it would be easy to have a running thread where we post great pieces.

What does the assembled SportsJournalists.com braintrust think?

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I thought that was what the Professional Readings thread was for, but I'm willing to concede that I could be way off base.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Post 'em in Professional Readings, hb, and I'll think of a thread title that sounds less like medicine. Thanks.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Maybe we can have Professional Readings -- Honorable Mention ... that way I can hold out faint hope.

Sigh, etc

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Mr. Beat,

I tried, once, in vain to start a similar thread, but dropped the idea because I felt I was posting for an audience of very few. You can pick through the bones of that thread here, or attempt to blow life into it as you wish.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/38772/

Draft saved Draft deleted