1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick's "big announcement"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Jul 2, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dead on, Heineken. Dead on.

I have heard Patrick's radio show before, although it's been quite a while. Unless things improved dramatically, I doubt I've missed much, if anything at all.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I was interested in this "announcement" at first, then slightly curious, and now I totally don't care what he says.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Professional penis envy. Pure and simple.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

I still think it's too early to jump to conclusions on why DP hasn't been on in a few days and certainly wasn't on during his "big announcement" day.

I previously mentioned diarrea as a reason. Now, I'm thinking some ESPN execs sat him down for a few days and let him think about what he's doing. Or maybe they sat him down because they were pissed he was plugging it like this. Or maybe Dan just has the shits.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Al Galdi's "radio voice" is so contrived it is pathetic.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Maybe the announcement is he has Alzheimer's, but he keeps forgetting to make it.

7. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Maybe he's been off a few days because of the holiday???????????

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Really? Hmm...I'll call BS on that, and like you, I won't elaborate, either.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You really think so?

I dunno. ESPN has taken a lot of the sublime out of the game. It kills us with coverage.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Heineken and Alley, I wrote that up to have some, let's say it together, fucking fun!

It amazes me on how much someone can pop on, have a tizzy fit and get all sanctimonious on the rest of us.

Oh, wait, that's Dan Patrick's job on his show. BTW, his ego does allow him to have the biggest penis around. Would you care to carry it for him?

It's for fun. Laugh you damn fools.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

What ESPN's ascension has hurt is the three-minute scores and highlights on the 11 p.m. news, not the way print-based products cover teams. Our readers still want to know our reporters and columnists' take on the hometown heroes, whether the key play of the game (or the entire game) was shown on ESPN.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

NDub, you read my mind. I was just thinking that he had planned to announce his departure, but the suits are still negotiating with him to keep him. Let's face it, it is his name, not his interview skills, that make his show appealing.

I just wonder what the announcement would be if he decided to stay.

"Ummmm ... I slept with Olberman's girlfriend."

Draft saved Draft deleted