1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick's "big announcement"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Jul 2, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's gay and going to open a Sports Memorabilia shop in Provincetown with his life partner Reggie Miller

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Maybe he'll just take some time off.. like the next 100 years and maybe his pal Olberman will join him.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Damn, glad I wasn't drinking a soda when I read that.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm lucky. About the same time that Patrick coms on around here is the same time that Steve Szaban and the Sports Reporters is coming on WTEM.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damnit people, it's Czaban, Czaban!!!!

Spnited, thanks for expressing the sentiment of a sizable number who feel the same way with Patrick: the sumbitch has resorted to talking much ado about nothing now. It's time for the sports pontification to have one of it's members back away from the microphone. He missed his chance to do GMA when it was offered, and TPIR is out of the question.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

based on this i would speculate that although he's a d-bag and annoying, his postponing of the announcement is not further d-baggery. instead it's probably so he can give himself time to think over whether he really wants to quit and/or ponder whatever offer or response ESPN has given him.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The lead on that column is hysterical.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but even if I like Al Galdi, Czabe has become a tool and that station unlistenable. There are some nice people I've met from there over the years, but the station needs a major house cleaning. But since it's Clear Channel it can continue to suck and I'll continue to not listen while it toils at the very bottom of the ratings despite it's all Deadskins all the time format.

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

Throw DP to the wolves on 1310 The Ticket out of DFW, or anything else just as long as he doesn't wind up ruining the greatness of Inside the NBA on TNT.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

"ESPN could be on the verge of losing one of its signature personalities.

Unfortunately, it's not Chris Berman."

I agree. Outstanding.

11. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

One of the best lines I've read in years.

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

So happy to hear I am not the only one who thinks that....Haven't been able to stand Berman since I first listened to him give baseball players really stupid nicknames in the 80s.

Draft saved Draft deleted