1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick's "big announcement"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Jul 2, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't listen to his show often, I might hear it briefly twice a week if I forget to put my iPod in my car, but it seems like every other time I hear it he's off and Valvano or someone else is filling in for him.

How often does he put in five days a week on the show?

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Deadspin linked to a website that was 100 percent sure that DP was leaving the WWL and going out on his own for a nationally syndicated radio show.

http://sportsatrandom.com/2007/07/dan-patrick-at-random.html

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He can't POSSIBLY think he's that important/good, can he?

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Last week when driving to St. Louis, caught the full three hours of Patrick's show. He was railing about the 14-year-old committing to USC and the Rockies jacking up their ticket prices for when the Yankees were in town, like these were all things that had never happened before.

He sounded like someone who needed a long visit to the real world.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If he was hyping it as much as he has been and is off today, I can only conclude that lawyers are involved in some way.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Maybe he's going to do NBA stuff for TNT?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yet another reason to pray to the God I believe in for sending me my XM from heaven.

I've probably listened to ESPN radio for a sum total of five minutes since I got my XM two years ago. And zero minutes of the other national syndication services.

Bliss!

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Who was killed by Chris Benoit when he found out.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Exactly. And I'm automatically suspicious of anyone who doesn't show up for work on a day before/after a holiday or weekend.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Patrick is excellent. I thought he was better with Dibble, tho I don't get much of a chance to listen anymore.

11. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Apparently he will make the announcement Thursday:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-070703teddy,1,3876021.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

And, speculation is that he is gone.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Gotta disagree with you, my friend.

Dan Patrick is usually unlistentoable (made up word, methinks) on most days.

Does anyone with access to the numbers know what his ratings trends are?

Draft saved Draft deleted