1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't really tell about that bit in the picture.

That said, if the person plays the role well enough, it won't matter. Fanboys screamed when they found out the actor playing Wolverine was 6-foot-2. Four X-Men movies, two solo films and one cameo later, that is long forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. outofplace

Animated test footage for a Deadpool movie. This was shot three years ago with Ryan Reynolds providing the voice for Marvel's Merc with a Mouth.

Check it out quickly. Fox is cracking down and forcing this to be removed all over.

http://vimeo.com/101972457

As if there weren't enough reasons to hate the Green Lantern movie, it was a big reason that Marvel hasn't made a Deadpool movie yet. That, and doing it right without getting an R Rating would be a bitch.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I thought it was great. Sounds like the leak helped and it may get made now.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

That was perfect. Absolutely perfect. The merc with a mouth.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Caught up on Original Sin now through 6. I *really* enjoyed it. Legit weird and entertaining. Will probably buy the trade paperback when it comes out.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Marvel Unlimited is awesome once you figure out how to use it. Web interface leaves a lot to be desired.

I started with the Big Time storyline in Spiderman and caught up all the way through Superior and to the current run, more than 100 issues worth.

Any good starting points for X-Men?

7. outofplace

The Dark Reign tie-ins wouldn't be a bad one. The move to Utopia plays into a lot of the stories that followed. Might be tougher to find where it started.

Messiah Complex is another option. It ties into a lot of current storylines and the Second Coming crossover is one of my favorites.

My jumping on point was Fatal Attractions, but that goes back over 20 years.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I don't post my blog on here much, but I think this one is interesting. Between now and 2020, we'll see more than 30 comic book movies in theaters. As many as nine could come out in 2017 alone. Pretty crazy to think we could see a comic book movie almost every month that year.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/prairienerds/prairie-nerds-nine-comic-book-movies-in-it-could-happen/article_3e6662cb-4aa4-5c5c-9550-a4da9c83c9a5.html

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think the high-water mark has been reached. IMO two or three of these franchises will hit in a big way, most of the rest will be duds/disasters of varying catastrophic degree.

For instance, I could see the DC Batman/Superman/JLA franchise completely collapsing in flames.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Wow that's a lot of moviegoing. I'm thankful for $5 Tuesdays.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I can't imagine seeing all of those in 2017. I barely go to nine movies in an entire year. And if they stick to the schedule they originally tossed out there, there'd be a Star Wars film sometime that year, too. At this rate, and with the cost of tickets these days, I may have to mortgage my house just to be able to afford all those tickets.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am stoked for ANT-MAN.

http://geektyrant.com/news/evangeline-lilly-shows-off-her-ant-man-movie-look

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted