1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The biggest moment related to Civil War happens in Captain America #25.

2. outofplace

Every once in a while, I re-read the entire crossover. In fact, I may do so again starting tonight. Loses a bit of its impact given more recent events (in Amazing X-Men), but that death was absolutely devastating. Second Coming also highlighted the darker aspects of the X-Men, especially Cyclops as he continued his fall from boy scout type hero to a more complex and ruthless approach.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

i would watch that doc

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Not only would I watch that doc I'd give real money to see a movie length cartoon of that script and voiced by Cage, etc.

5. outofplace

That is an excellent idea. Doubt it happens, but I'd watch it, too.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I got that far. Meh, I just never cared about Rogers enough for that to stick. Honestly, some of the other minor deaths in the series hit me harder.

I read every single tie-in through about the first 2/3rds of the story, then by the end I skipped the minor ones like Thunderbolts and Young Avengers but read all the majors (Iron Man, Captain America, Spiderman, Fantastic Four).

7. outofplace

Rogers was a big deal at the time. The stories that followed were very well regarded. I was never a big Cap fan, either, so I didn't read them. I did read the mini about his return, which I thought was underwhelming at best.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It was just that he'd already lost. He got beat to hell and lost. Getting "killed" (which we all knew wouldn't stick) was just kicking him while he's down, which isn't really all that dramatic. Why should I care whether he gets shot and goes away for a few years or he theoretically gets sent to the negative-zone prison forever?

9. outofplace

Fair point. To me, the more interesting point was how do others react and how do they move on without him, especially Bucky/Winter Soldier.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Good day to be a DC fan. SDCC opened this morning with a "Batman v. Superman" panel with Snyder, Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot in attendance. There was a teaser and the first look at the Wonder Woman costume.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/399738

11. outofplace

Gal Gadot certainly looks the part as Wonder Woman, but that was never really the main question, was it?

[​IMG]

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Other than she's about 5-7 and 115 and WW is supposed to be 6-foot and about 170 --- nahhhhhh

Draft saved Draft deleted