1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This HAS to be a record

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Oh god,

Alright, Rok called me & I just finished my dinner & put the chick on hold.

Few things:

1.) Ellis - learn to read. It was 5 to 8 SJ Haters not 5 foot 8 inch. As far as your tough guy act (when I am gone) hey little dude, any time you want a freindly comp in a ring or cage we can set that up - just be sure the medical insurance is fully paid & I collect the gate & any PPV & mechandising $$. I am sure my phone will be melting down any second with your call for that.

As to my lifting resume - let me post from my upcoming web site to save some of this rediculous trouble of the "research" against me - lol.

John D. Villarreal Athletic Biography

Weight: 205-220lbs (in-season), Bodyfat 6-8% (in-season)

Best Lifts
    Squat – 863 lbs
    Bench – 525 lbs x2
    Deadlift – 670 lbs
    Clean and Jerk – 330 lbs

Major Titles Won

§ 2006 APC National Powerlifting Champion (Submaster 220lb) - Best Lifter
    o Broke National Submaster Deadlift Record
    § 2006 APC National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medalist (open division – 220lb)
    § 2006 APC CA State Powerlifting Champion (open & submaster – 220lb)
    o Broke all APC national and state submaster records & many open state records
    § 2004 Bronze Medallist WPC World Powerlifting Championships (open division – 198 lb)
    o Broke APF California State Bench Press Record (462.5 lbs – submaster 198lb)
    § 2004 WPC World Powerlifting Championship team member (open division - 198 lbs)
    § 2004 WPC World Bench Press Championship team member (open division - 198 lbs)
    § 2004 APF National Powerlifting Champion (Bench Press - submaster 198 lbs)
    § 2004 APF National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medallist (submaster 198lbs)
    § 2004 APF National Powerlifting Champion (Bench Press - submaster 198 lbs)
    § 2004 APF National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medallist (submaster 198lbs)
    § 2003 APF California State Powerlifting Champion (open division 198 lbs)
    § 1992 USPF Junior (20-23yrs old) National competitor (220 lbs) (only bombout ever)
    § 1990 USPF Teenage National Powerlifting Champion (220 lbs)
    § 1988 USPF Teenage Western Regional (8 states) Champion (220 lbs)

Additional Personal Sporting Achievements

§ Participated in numerous sports and lettered in track and wrestling in high school
    § Participated in Judo and Rugby at U.C. Berkeley
    § Wrestled for USA Wrestling
    § Recruited for US Olympic Weightlifting team (by Jim Schmitz US Coach)
    § Also studied various martial arts for years (Ninjitsu, Judo, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do)
    § National-to-world class in three sports:
    o Powerlifting
    o Wrestling (undefeated last year) - 9 years of wrestling
    o Judo (UC Berkeley Heavyweight champion, multi-tournament winner – qualified for and invited to Collegiate Nationals)

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Clever's supposed to do nothing but bring me frou-frou drinks by the pool. I need one now, dammit!

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And thus, every unmarried Star Wars and comic book fan with bad facial hair (and there are a LOT of them) falls all over himself to meet sportschick's needs.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ha ha. Ah, funny things at 1:40 AM EST. :)

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

None of that answers my question. If no one else was competing against you in the APC sub-master group, how can you call yourself a national champion? You had no competition. By walking into the gym, you won. Don't show me your stats, show me an answer to my question.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And probably some married ones too :D

7. He's done this elsewhere, BYH. Here's one of his epic tomes:

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

It's all about the Serena thing...well, some of it. I'm sure there are many, many other layers as well. :)

9. Continued ...

10. Continued

11. Continued

12. Concluded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.