1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This HAS to be a record

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSKY

WSKY Member

make this 2

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Two things:

1. Fenian, much respect for the Star Trek references.

2. This is the single funniest wikipedia entry I have ever read. Close the voting now for Newbie of the Year. Give it to the regular poster who is posting as Mr. D. Villarreal.

If the person who is posting as Mr. D. Villarreal is kind, I hope we get a full explanation of the origin of all the photos and videos after this thing runs its course.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's what threads like this are for, really.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

No, really, I'm done!

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You are out of your depth, Spup. That's all I can tell you. Sorry, my friend. :)

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yes, the fact that they don't show up is unbelievable. Which is why I don't believe it. The prospect of getting a royal ass-kicking doesn't deter 80 percent of athletes who qualify for the Olympics.

Why in the hell would someone bow out of an unknown national powerlifting competition because a prematurely balding guy with an over-inflated sense of self worth came sauntering into the room?

Viva le Diablo Barbell!

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Rok, I love you, but your brother is coming off as an immature, insecure asshole. You do realize that, no?

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Piotr,

That all makes amazingly perfect sense! I mean, about JDV being Doc. If I didn't sit next to him while he was signed onto SJ each evening, I'd be grilling him right now with questions regarding his affiliation to JDV. Unfortunately, he's boring and not JDV.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ditto what I said to Spup. After 260 or so posts, I don't have time to explain powerlifting nuances. Sorry. :) Not tonight.

Here's something fast: You don't win best lifter in an exhibition. *sigh*

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Guys...for the love of all that is holy, THIS IS A JOKE!!!!

JDV, or whomever he is, is playing us all for suckers. Stop trying to rationally debate him, because it's not going to work. Do you think JDV, or whomever he is, is going to wake up tomorrow and go "Shit! Spup is right! I am a fraud!"

No. He's not.

I feel dumber for having contributed to this thread.

Now let's get back to the important things, such as whether or not Clever Username cleveland steams the carpet.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Girl, I'm toast right now. A refrigerator's closing could knock me over. JDV is what he is. But he is also what he says he is. Opinions are opinions, facts are facts. If it helps, I feel where you're coming from. You think I haven't seen this show before? ;)

I am, however, happy you love me. Ha ha. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.