1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Xbox One.
    It's the only football game out there and it still can't compare to the awesomeness of NFL2K5. I only play Madden because I wanted an Xbox One and Target had this bundle pretty cheap. I hope with a few patches it'll get better. I mean, it's way better than '13 and '25. I think Madden '11 might have been the best of the bunch. But that's not saying much.
    Visually it's amazing.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

2K5 is what a football video game should be. Incredible it still holds up. I have considered buying an old Xbox just to play that game.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

M25 pissed me off to the point that I quit playing after a few weeks. The connected career mode sucked, and I believe you could go through that as an owner, player or coach like you can this year. I wish I hadn't plunked $60 to get M25, but can't change that now.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

The Diablo 3 expansion (Reaper of Souls) is so god damn fun to play.

They really packed a lot of things into this sucker.

Including a very cool feature called NEMESIS, where if your friend is playing online at the same time you are (even if it's in a different game) and is slain by a unique monster, that monster will teleport into your game and come after you.

Also Adventure Mode and the Nephalem rifts give this thing a TON of replay value!

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I played Madden 15 on a PS4 at Toys 'R Us (while, er, shopping for my daughter- yeah, that's it) and it ruled.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Welp, read about 15 reviews on NHL 15 for the PS3 and everyone is basically saying it's NHL 14 with different announcers. Nothing different. Makes sense, I suppose, since they put everything into the next gen offering. Will stick with my 14, since I would rather spend $500 on other things than buying a PS4 and one game.

7. Madhavok

I was thinking of picking up NHL 15. I haven't played a hockey game since maybe the 2K offering 2012 maybe.
    By the way, I was down on Titan Fall to begin with, but my gosh it is a great game online. I mainly do pilot skirmish now and it is a blast.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm sure 15 is great if you don't already own 14. But I'm not paying 60 bucks just to get Doc Emerick instead of Gary Thorne as an announcer. The gameplay in 14 is really good.

9. Madhavok

Good point. I usually wait a week or two after releases unless it something I NEED (madden for example) right away on eBay. I hate paying $60 for games these days.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Anyone picking up Civ-Beyond Earth? I've put it on the shelf for a bit, playing more Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings to get my fix of that type of game, but curious to hear how CBE is.

Oh, unrelated, but if anyone ever sees Divinity: Original Sin on a steam sale, holler. That's in line to be the next game I buy, but I'm waiting to grab it at low, low prices.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I used this before to scoop up Civ5, and it worked well for that and a couple other games: http://steamalerts.com/ - It sends you an email when a game hits your specified price.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Awesome!

Draft saved Draft deleted