1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I saw the Angry Video Game Nerd review that Penn & Teller game a while ago. Desert Bus is absolutely hilarious.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I know this post is from April, but did everything work better after you got it back?

I'm looking to make the switch to PS4 soon.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Speakin' of the topic title... Dragon's Crown is a PS+ freebie this month, and pretty fun. It's like a PS3 version of older stuff like Magic Sword or King of the Dragons, or a swords and sorcerers themed Final Fight or Streets of Rage.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Has anyone upgraded their systems to the current gen yet? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger, but still cannot decide between xbox and ps4.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I haven't, but much like the advertising campaigns and South Park imply, there are benefits to staying with whatever you have now, in terms of being able to carry over some digital downloads / purchases and saved games. Like unless something like the Uncharted series or Last Of Us is a tipping point for you, pretty much any big budget game is multi-platform now anyway.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

XB1 will be in my hands very soon, but I'm don't foresee stopping with the 360 anytime soon.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wait for the PS4 to drop too much in price.
    It's the fastest selling system in the world right now.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I just got a PS3 in November to finally upgrade after not having anything better than a wii or PS2 for about a decade and to get GTA V. I am very happy with it and for now don't do enough gaming to feel the need to upgrade yet, especially since everything for the most part is still coming out on that platform. I've actually got most the games I want for now. Maybe Madden this year. Probably be another decade before I do anything more and by then consoles will probably be obsolete!

I'm actually considering a Wii U, though, just because I love Mario games and everything is backwards compatible. Anyone have one and think it would be worth it or should I stop thinking about it?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The fact that they're making NHL 15 for the PS3 was enough for me to stick with the old system.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

True, but the graphic capabilities are maxxed out. The PS4 is just a different visual experience. Incredible how much it pops in comparison.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm not much for online gaming -- nearly everything seems like a Battlefield or Call of Duty clone these days -- so I've stuck with the PS2, Wii and original Xbox. It helps that my gaming time has also waxed and waned. Even so, though, I get so much enjoyment out of the older games (and still have a decent stack I've never touched) that I haven't felt a pressing need to upgrade. The Wii's virtual console alone keeps me pretty busy.

I was amazed, too, to wander into a Gamestop last week and see that they still had PS2 games and accessories for sale. Most of the games sucked -- they were all used Rock Band, Guitar Hero and Tiger Woods discs -- but I did snatch up a controller for 10 bucks. Figured I'd better get an extra one while I can find one.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Which is nice and all, but that can't be a priority financially for me. Just glad the new game has the NBC presentation. It's the only reason I'm buying it.

Draft saved Draft deleted