1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm running into this problem with Jam as well. If I'm up 20 and the other person quits, it counts as a win for me, but I get less Jam points and it doesn't count as a win for win streak purposes. Very frustrating, since I'll play out my games even if I'm down 20.

Also, they should just rename the game NBA Shove. It's still a lot of fun, but it would be nice if it was easier to neutralize people just tapping L1 over and over again to have the drone player shove the shit out of you.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Picked up NBA 2K12 and MLB 2K12 this week. Both games are pretty freaking sweet.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Think I'll ask for that bundle for my birthday next week. I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect 3 lately. Love it.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Reviews haven't been that great for MLB 2K12. And considering it's probably the last year for that game, I'm not really surprised. The game has been below average the last two years and since 2K's contract is done with this game, they didn't put much effort to making this last one any better.

That's what a few reviews have said. I'll still probably think about renting it for a couple days though.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to get The Show but I think I'd tire of it quickly.

6. sgreenwell

Mass Effect 3 has been tempting me, but I've been trying to stay disciplined and not buy it. I've barely had time for games, so I'm patiently waiting for it to pop up on my GameFly queue.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The one thing I absolutely hate about MLB 2K12 is the fact that they didn't change any of the commentary up. I know it's most likely the last year for this game, but they couldn't have mixed it up instead of having the broadcast team say the same exact things they said last year?

Right now, that's my only beef with this game.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Diablo III May 15. Hell yes!

9. sgreenwell

Niccceeee. I've been waiting for a reason to get a new PC, and that should be a good one. The next edition of Starcraft 2 will probably come a year or so after that too, I imagine.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Knowing Blizzard, it'll be another 5 years

11. sgreenwell

heh, There is a chance of that too, but I'm assuming they aren't going to screw with the combat system and what not so much, so the sole development time is just going to be doing like new maps and the voice acting and what not.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Got a great deal on a PS3 a couple of weeks ago when I got my tax return and have become addicted to MW3. I've heard the maps aren't as good as MW2, but I never played that one, so I like them just fine. Definitely not many places to camp really.

Has anyone bought the new maps? I'm curious if they're worth it.

If anyone wants to get a game, my PS3 handle is ... you guessed it ... bigpern23.

Draft saved Draft deleted