1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Just about finished Zelda: Skyward Sword, which I got about a month ago and have put 50 hours into.

Naturally the graphics are last-gen, but it has a nice look regardless. Gameplay is outstanding; I've never played a Zelda game before this and the variety of stuff it does is impressive.

Scared shitless of buying Skyrim. I don't think I'd get much else done.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If you're impressed by the variety of stuff in a Zelda game, then Skyrim would essentially be like heroin to you.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Which is why I'm avoiding it.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Modded an XBox I bought and am playing NBA 2K12. Got to say My Player is addictive. Still learning more about it, but my guy is to a 66.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Has anyone else bought NFL Blitz from the Xbox Live Arcade? It's great, minus the fact you can't hit people after the whistle.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been playing Skyrim for six weeks now, sometimes obsessively, and I feel like I've just cracked the surface. I'm up to level 40 now ... game is super, super fun, but way addictive. Absolutely worth the $60.

7. sgreenwell

While I haven't bought Blitz, I did just get NBA Jam: On Fire Edition for the PS3. Lots of fun, and much, much better than the Jam on the Wii I had tried out last year. They also seem to update the rosters, although I'm not sure how frequently - No Lin yet, but Baron Davis is on the Knicks, Chris Paul on the Clippers, etc.

8. Matt Stephens

Bought that one this summer. Definitely a lot of fun. I enjoy playing with Obama and Hilary. Dynamic duo on the court.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Anyone grab the new MW3 maps and CoD: Elite premium membership yet? I finally dropped that extra $50 for the membership and maps and they're not terrible. Granted, I really only play two games religiously all year - Madden and CoD - so the extra $50 didn't bother me too much. And I was enjoying all of the stock maps this year.

10. sgreenwell

The weird thing is that I'm finding the online easier than the single player. Online, I'm winning about 75% of my games because I play different than everyone else - I mostly play back, don't shove nearly as much and wait for the player to come to me. I can also usually exploit the overeager defenders I'm going up against, since they try to block or shove everything. Whereas in single player, I can't beat any of the platinum challenge robots, because my actual one on one defense is pretty horrid.

11. Matt Stephens

I've only beaten one platinum in SP ... and it took about six tries. I'm much better offline for whatever reason.

12. Matt Stephens

Just played three games of Blitz online against my buddy. Won the first two, was up by 21 in the third when the EA servers crapped out, as usual. It gives him the win and takes 6000 points away from my leaderboard score. EA sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted