1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

MW2 was a great game, IMO. Having said that, I do enjoy MW3. It just took me a bit longer to find the spots I had in MW2 and such. Had a great session last night after I hit Prestige. Pretty sure my ratio was around 3:1 for about an hour or so. Let's hope I keep it up. #nerd

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I think it's just the maps in MW3 that really have turned me off. I wasn't a camper in MW2 or anything, but I did like to snipe from time to time. There are very limited sniping areas in MW3, and I feel like the whole theme of MW3 is gloom. Every map seems dark and it adds to the clusterfuck.

Maybe I just miss Terminal and Highrise too much, ha.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I LOVED Highrise. One of favorite maps to snipe in the early goings of the map. I miss Nuketown, Trailer Park, etc.

In MW3, Arkade is probably my favorite map along with Fallen or Dome.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

There are some great places to snipe in MW3. Just ask my boss, who loves to find any place he can and pick us off one by one when we're playing after hours at work.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I just don't see how you can sit at work after hours and play.

Anyway,

SOmone brought up Nuketown. Had my all-time favorite kill on that map.

I was in one of the upstairs bedrooms where people love to camp. I had just wiped out two guys who never saw me coming. I duck and turn around and reload just in time to kill one coming in the room and one coming up the stairs from the outside. Had to reload again, but I didn't have time as one guy was coming up behind the one on the stairs. I duck behind the wall, nearly dead. I remember I have a semtex. I cut into the door opening, toss it and he catches me with a headshot but not before my semtex sticks right to his face.

Needless to say I shared that killcam video with a lot of people. So funny seeing that little red light flicker and then BOOM!

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally bought Skyrim now that life has settled down.

My lord, is this a magnificent game. See you all in a few months!

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It really isn't a big deal.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Replay value is great too. Play as one race, then later start another game as a different race (like a Kjahit or Dragonian).

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I've had a whole lot of fun with it and I'm only at level 10 or so. I doubt I'll ever finish it with Lil' Circus Part Deux coming soon, but it's awesome now.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think I'm one of the few people who still uses their PSP... but The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a pretty nifty JRPG. Surprisingly deep, too - I'm 20 hours in and only to chapter two. It reminds me of the Grandia series, before it went straight into the crapper. </nerding>

Back to money-making schemes: A GameStop pro membership is actually somewhat worth it now. They keep giving out Buy 2, Get 1 Free coupons for used games, but with no limits on the price. I scooped up Skyrim, NCAA Football 2012 and Batman right before Christmas, paying about $80. I sold the three on eBay for about $110, plus I got to play them for two weeks. Score.

11. btm

btm Member

Skyrim is pretty sweet, but it is taking up way too much of my spare time. Seriously, I'd sit down and before I knew it, three hours passed.

12. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Yea, Skyrim can really suck you in the way an MMO does, forgetting you have things to do in the real world.

Draft saved Draft deleted