1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I can think of several and they don't even have to do with Christmas shopping:

Any goofyass eharmony.com couple's testimony. Enough! The Steelers-Browns are not the hottest rivalry in the NFL.

The bringing back of the Caveman in Geico commercials.

The "Head On" commercials are so bad they admit it on another form of the commercial.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

If you know who this guy is, you know what I mean.
    [​IMG]

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The Canadian version of the Maxwell House commerical where they sing "Our House."

I LOVE how it's shot at a hockey rink, hockey players and figure skaters sing. I'm surprised they're not eating back bacon and pancakes with maple syrup around a stove in the middle of an igloo while singing.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I actually like the Geico ads, especially the news-talk spot.

You're dead on with the christmas commercials though, I have previously stated the Garmin sat-nav ads make me switch to anything else very quickly.

As for e-harmony, doesn't the doc seem really creepy to you. "We know you better than you know yourself, and we know who you'll fit with for a relationship that will last a lifetime."

What a smug prick.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

First of all, I'm not one hundred percent in love with your tone right now.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Chortle.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Something about those Old Navy commercials creeps me out with the plastic-looking, too cute, smiling people.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

How about the Heinken Light ads with the Pussycrack Dolls music in the background. Sorry, I don't want my beer to be a freak like you. Please go away.

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

All Geico commercials are awful. Period.

Now, in the NY metro area, the lottery commercials where the ring announcer takes off his mask is beginning to drive me crazy.

And most cell phone commercials -- you know, the ones about the network -- stink.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the one where the gorilla is in the couple's bedroom talking about insurance or selling the house or investing or whatever the fuck he's talking about. yeah i know, it's a riff on the elephant in the living room but why the fuck is the gorilla in their room? and why the hell does he talk? and how would he know so much about that stuff? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

11. Grohl

Grohl Guest

The Enterprise rental car commercial with "Moose," who's needs a snazzy ride so he can show up in style at his high school reunion. (Moose, I'm guessing, is a former second-team all-conference lineman who's now an insurance salesman in his hometown.) He does the move where he licks his fingers and then wipes his eyebrows with them. And when he shows up at the old high school, the ladies gather around him and purr, "Looking good, Moose."

Awful in its entirety. It's got to be a few years old now, but it's usually shown a lot during the NCAA Tournament, and for some reason I've seen it several times over the last week or so.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The one where the woman with the fucked rad is calling Enterprise from the "repair shop". And there's a big sign behind her that says "repair shop" in case she forgets where the fuck she is.

Draft saved Draft deleted