1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've also wanted the State Farm guy to say "your husband needs to fuck you in the ass."

But, that's kind of not PC, particularly for State Farm.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The chick who sings that godawful Sunday Night Football song. When did it turn into that shit?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's Carrie Underwood.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know who she is. It's unnecessary.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And it turned into that shit in 2006.

From Wiki:

Theme music

Singer Pink sang the theme song for the broadcast in 2006, a reworking of the Joan Jett song "I Hate Myself for Loving You" retitled "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night".

In 2007, country singer Faith Hill replaced Pink as the singer of the opening theme, and a new arrangement of the Joan Jett song coincided with her debut.

It was announced May 7, 2013, that Carrie Underwood would take over singing the theme song.

The use of the reworked Joan Jett song is another similarity to ABC's Monday Night Football coverage. From 1989 to 2011, Hank Williams, Jr. opened MNF with a reworking of his song "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight" entitled "All My Rowdy Friends Are Back for Monday Night (Are You Ready for Some Football?)".

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I first listened to the Carrie Underwood SNF theme a couple weeks ago before Packers-Bears and, man, was that awful. I don't even remember what Hank said to get himself fired, but I'm certain it was not less offensive than this song.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hank the MNF theme?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes. As noted, Underwood replaced Faith Hill.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The new holiday Progressive commercial that features the actress who plays Flo also playing various members of her family is CREEPY. I've only seen it once and I already want it to disappear permanently.

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I dislike the commercial simply because it encourages young drivers to turn up the stereo and share their music with everyone anywhere near the road. Not everyone wants to hear your blasting stereo, junior. Oh, and get off my lawn!

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Disney/Marvel ad where that "family" of shitbirds relives some stupid video game secret life. Yeah, that's some family bonding to pass down through the ages.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Ect/disney-infinity-20-speaking-infinity-family-2

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dave & Busters has suddenly discovered that it's football season. WTF?

Draft saved Draft deleted