1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Table-top hockey

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Nov 28, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I had the exact same one.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I loved table top hockey...spent hours on end playing that. But the bubble hockey (with the dome)was much better.

A few years ago 2 of my friends got very competitive playing that game for money, it started at $10/game, after a week they were playing $50/game. One kid got on a losing streak and was down $500.....double or nothing,...loss. So they played one more game, double or nothing for $1000, my stupid friend is playing bubble hockey and loses $2000 in 3 hours.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I thought your description above sounded familiar, it's actually what made me thinnk of my Dad's table hockey game. It was truley a sweet game.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The one we originally had was the Coleco version with the orange sideboards and two-dimensional players. The teams were the Flyers and the Islanders for some reason..

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I had the same one too, but also had some of the '67 and early 70s expansion teams. I know I had the Flyers, Kings, Seals, Canucks and North Stars in addition to the Habs and Rangers. I don't remember the Hawks.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Outing alert. Ashy Larry is friends with Rick Tocchet.

Draft saved Draft deleted