1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election Night Pizza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dude, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

What toppings are you hoping for? I'm gunning for green peppers and onions myself.

And what's your standard comeback for all the snide "sports guys don't really work" comments from newside? I'm looking for something a little bit fresher than, "It's election night every night in sports."

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How about you say -- "I'm still working while you're at home asleep. Wait ... I hate my life."

:D

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The sports guys at my former shop wrote daytime stories for the paper so reporters could work well into the evening. We appreciated the help.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Sports or news, I always end up being the last person in the office.

And learned yesterday that pizza will be replaced by sandwiches. Won't complain about free food, though.

Back to pizza, my latest favorite is ham and jalapeno.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sausage and onion.

6. KP

KP Active Member

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Philly cheese steak.

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

No need. The news and sports get along well and respect each others' work in my shop. It's kinda nice.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Same at my place.

11. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

http://sportsdesigner.blogs.com/

Their slogan or catchphrase is ...

Election-night pizza is for wussies.

F***ing golden. Why can't I find that cross-stitched on a pillow?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How about, "you know, I think of news geeks like you saying that every time I leave the office at 2 a.m. on a Football Friday night."

I love it when the editors and publisher fawn over news side on nights like this, yet complain about the job we do when someone's mom calls about a typo in her kids name in one of the 40 football writeups and agate.

Draft saved Draft deleted