1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doyel interview on thebiglead.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://thebiglead.com/?p=1302

WTF does "chillax" mean?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

WTF does he mean for a few days?

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

WTF does he mean SportsJournalists.com?

4. shecky

shecky Member

Maybe outing myself, but I cover UConn. I was in Louisville and at Indiana when he was there. He was a topic of conversation, but conversation did not stop in the rooms. That's a bit of self-important blather.

A while prior to the Indiana game, I was asked to write something about Calhoun's charity work. He does a lot of it, as most coaches do, around the holidays. It was a typical holiday fluff piece. At Indiana, Doyel sidles up to me without my knowing and says, "He's not a great man." I had no idea what the fuck he was talking about. It registered about an hour later.

I never wrote that Calhoun was a great man. Gregg has some hard-on for Calhoun, which puts him in the majority. I have no problems with Calhoun, aside from the occasional run-in that comes from being a beat guy. For some reason, Gregg decided to kick me in the nuts. Fine.

I've known Gregg for a while and I like him personally. I actually consider him a friend. Not a big fan of the nasty tones he takes in his writing. It comes off as childish to me, but it works for him. I certainly think his obvious talent (at least to me) could often be put to better use.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

WTF are you doing breaking the pattern? (good stuff tho)

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

"Chillax" is the combination of chill and relax. It's a stupid word invented by hip-hop or pop artists trying to sound cool. And, of course, it sounds even lamer when some fake tough-guy tries to use it.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Chillax is, IIRC, the product of some Radio Disney DJ, Don Crabtree or something like that.

And I happen to like the word, especially when my 4-year-old uses it on her 6-year-old sister.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Hilarious

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Silver's Colts feature this week had him sitting at a steakhouse with the Indianapolis Colts. It's pathological. He can't help himself.

10. whatgives

whatgives New Member

I've worked with Gregg, and he's a good guy ... when he hasn't lost his mind.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Is that your way of saying he's never a good guy?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

From my limited dealings with Doyel, I always thought he was a good guy...

Draft saved Draft deleted