1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis is An ASS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sports Center kept showing Weis press conference yesterday - He come across as a real arrogant ass hole. He is Bill Parcells without a body of work. If I was not such a huge ND fan I would want him to fall flat on his face.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Guess what they were showing was mediia day presser.

Came across this interesting story in doing a google - its seems that ND is sensoring reporters for asking provocative questions .

What BS.

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2006/08/07/columnists/al_hamnik/21c825f02460da90862571c30004e3cf.txt

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Friend of mine was up for the football SID job there. I told him to be VERY careful what he wished for, because he just might get it!

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What a dick.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Life as a galley slave or owner of a Club Med in Beirut would be preferable to life as an SID/PR chief for any Bill Parcells' disciple. I say that as someone who's very fond of Charlie and Bill.
             The devil's bargain Parcells offered reporters is that while he'd be the sole source of information, he'd present it in a way that'd fill up a notebook and create flashy soundbites. Is Charlie holding up his end of that deal?
             Charlie may also not grasp that hometown papers are much more interested in how High School Harry does at college than what happens when HSH gets to the pros.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Think ESPN or NBC are included in those 20 minutes?

7. Bubbler

Notre Dame is just as culpable, actually more so, than Weis is.

They're the fucktards that are letting him get away with it.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

From the NW Times story linked above:

If you're the writer here....don't you just show up and ask ten million questions? What are they going to do, zap him with a taser if he asks questions? Who's going to look like the idiot, Jeff Carroll, or the player or coach who fidgets nervously trying to pretend no one has just asked a question?

9. Bubbler

I'm thinking if you're working for the Irish Sports Report, that might not be the best plan of action.

But if you're working for the local daily it might ... but you better make sure the boss and publisher have your back if Notre Dame cracks back.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Isn't the ISR the local daily, the South Bend Times, anyway? Just presented seperately for more revenue, etc.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So if you work for the Irish Sports Report--and I admit I'm not really familiar with it--what's your move here? Per the NW Times story, the writer isn't a novice, he's a experienced reporter known to the ND staff.

12. Ben Bernanke

Ben Bernanke Guest

ND is "sensoring" sportswriters? They're putting microchips in our butts? This is serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted