1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alicia Parlette

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Montezuma's Revenge, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

If somebody posted this already, well, take a chill pill. I did a search and didn't see it.

The latest from Alicia Parlette ...

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/07/DDGAVJQ09M1.DTL

2. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Yeah, it's been up. But hey, it's a heckuva read for those who haven't seen it.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

There's a new entry from Alicia:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/14/ALICIA.TMP

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's gotten to the point where I fear the worst every time I see one of these threads.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here. Shit, my heart jumped when I saw her name at the top.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I know. I've debated putting a spoiler in my posts, like "Don't worry, she's still alive," but that doesn't seem like the right thing to do. I also fear the worst when she goes a long time without a new entry.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I just spent the last two hours reading the first eight chapters. What an amazing story and an even more amazing person!!!

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I hope something wonderful and miraculous happens for her.

Alas, it's hard to be optimistic it's going to end well.

9. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Was hoping she would give an update on her condition. Is she even able to work anymore? Is she getting better? ... The dispatch before today's sort of mentioned that, but still.

10. PressBoxJunky

PressBoxJunky New Member

I clicked the link a little after 2:30 am and have been reading it since. Holy crap.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm dittoing myself again. I need to learn to trust the RIP thread titles, and breathe a sigh of relief when it's not there. But fuck if my heart didn't just jump a little again.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I searched SFgate for her name to make sure I hadn't missed an installment and discovered that she was the staffer who wrote the Chronicle's June 29 World Vibe piece. She also wrote about the tour of the Jelly Belly factory in late May.

Maybe all that means she's back at work, which would certainly count as a good sign.

Draft saved Draft deleted