1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, The Lima (Oh.) News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by PEteacher, Jun 8, 2006.

1. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

http://journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=646299

Company: The Lima News
    Position: Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: July 12, 2006
    Job ID: 646299

Description:
    SPORTS REPORTER: The Lima News, an aggressive, award-winning Ohio newspaper, seeks a sports reporter. Person will cover high school sports, motor sports and other assignments. Some desk work also will be included. Reporter must care about community journalism and be capable of writing solid hard news and feature stories as well as Web copy. A commitment to fairness and accuracy is essential. Experience is preferred, but recent college graduates will be considered. Should be a self-starter with a healthy competitive streak. Great facility, great staff, competitive salary. Newspaper (33,500-d, 42,500-s) offers continuous training and development, growth opportunities. Send resume, cover letter and writing samples to Sports Editor Tim Wolfrum, The Lima News, 3515 Elida Road, Lima, Ohio 45807 or e-mail twolfrum@limanews.com

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The publisher's wife is HOT.

[​IMG]

AHA!! I beat Lou Merloni to the punch! It pays to keep vampire hours!  :D

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have a story about North Lima, Ohio: Touring with the Grateful Dead in '94 and one night we stay at a Scottish Inns in North Lima. I decide to go swimming for a while in the hotel pool. Terrible decision. Swimming in a motel pool in the middle of nowhwere? I got sick quickly, phlegmed up; nasty-ass phlegm. I can only imagine what kind of horribly dirty people swam in that pool, and how long it had been since the pool was chlorinated.

As for Lima, Ohio, I covered Greg Simpson during a summer hoops tournament. He was studly. He played at Ohio State, but never really prospered into the type of player people thought he would. That summer Ohio team was, as Gary Coleman would say, loaded — l-o-d-i-d.

That's my Lima/North Lima story.

And as for my Jose Lima story ...

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

North Lima is on the other side of the state, FWIW.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Two different stories, though it's funny Lima and North LIma would be separated by such a distance.

6. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Tim Wolfrum's one of the best people I know in this business, and I'm not just saying that ... You can expect to work hard and he might even tell you if something you do sucks. But, he'll also help you find a way to make it better.

The first boss I had out of school and was very good.

7. cubman

cubman Member

Chad, do you know who's leaving? Usher? Naveau? Hullinger? Each of those guys has been there a while, I believe.

8. sptzdesigner

sptzdesigner New Member

Hullinger is leaving for law school.

9. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

designer beat me to it.

10. boots

boots New Member

This place is also on my list of revolving door openings.

11. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

boots,

they haven't had a sports opening in a long while, as far as I know. Tim's the last new hire they had in there and he replaced a sports editor who had been there for a couple decades. Two of the sports writers (Jim Naveau and Tom Usher) will probably retire there.

Draft saved Draft deleted