1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The league history isn't preserved in any way; the individual team histories are linked together, and since we're all in the same league, we're all linked together. So if I look up the Evil Hots illustrious history, you're all there but only because we played together. Does that make sense?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Does NFL Films cover our games? Is there a John Fascenda-narrated battle of yore between Buck and BYH?

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Is that how we could go to that drop down menu by the standings and click on one of the last 10 years or so and see that year?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yes--Pretty sure it shows your team and all the others you played with. If you played a season with a different league it would show that too. Like if you played in an SJ NCAA pool, it would be there.

I'm totally making this up but fairly confident I'm right.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes, 100 times yes. My run as commissioner was full of fail. Thought I had the league set up as it had been through the years, then realized it wasn't. And because I notice it until the draft began, I couldn't change it. Awful.

Don't be me. Don't do as I did. You're better than that. Learn from my mistakes. Thrive, you must.

Oh, and did you want me to renew the league and then switch commish powers (presuming we can do that)? Or are you starting a new one from scratch with invites? Either way, let me know.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It was like switching to the metric system

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm OK with fractional scoring. I still think yardage is this league gets terribly shortchanged. Too many of our games are decided by the ultimate crapshoot, the kicker. There's got to be a way to make a guy who runs for 110 yards and doesn't score a touchdown more valuable than a guy who kicks two fucking field goals.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But RB's are not valued in The NFL anymore either. ;)

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

see that, if we'd been using the renewal functions we would probably have a more robust league history accessible.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Methinks (Hi 21!) my roster blunder on Monday is going to give YGBFKM the hammer to use on me.

He laughs and turns it up to 11 for the bass line:

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Fourteen years later, my stance on methinks has not softened.

You want a drink? Sure, medrinks beer!
    Did you see the movie? Yeah, mesaw it!
    How'd you get to work today? Medrove!

Carry on.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Any chance we can plan the draft around labor and delivery?

Draft saved Draft deleted