1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2014

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey all,

I'm going to be all over map the rest of the week so I wanted to get this started now so it didn't get lost in travel/craziness of the week ahead.

Happy Thanksgiving - I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday. Even those of us who have to work.

Some of you make me laugh.
    Some of you make me cry.
    Some of you make me crazy.
    Some of you make me want to commit murder.
    Some of you do all four.

Know what? I love all of you anyway and I'm thankful you're in my life.

Best to all.

M1JH/Moddy/Douchebag/Whatever

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The same (except for the murder part) back to you, Moddy, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Be safe and blessed.

Moddy, you are a class act. Thanks to you and all the other mods.

I hope I only fall on the "make you laugh" list.

Now please stop deleting some of my posts!

VB

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

It has been a difficult year. My mother died in March, my sister continues to battle cancer and I'm still struggling with MS. But there's still a lot to be thankful for, friends and relatives and the simple fact that I'm still walking.

I can only hope the next year is better -- here and in this crazy world we live in. I always have hope. And I wish everybody a happy day and I do agree that our Moddy is the best.

Thank you for listening and God bless everyone.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

All:

It's been a rough end of the year, and the job search isn't moving very fast ... but I have my health, I have my family, I have my friends. For all of those, I'm very thankful.

Best wishes to all of you this weekend and throughout the holidays.

Matt

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This site helped get me through some times over the years, for which I'll always be grateful. Moddy, thanks for helping to keep this place going, even if makes you lose your hair. Oh wait.... ;D

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No Giblets?

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Eat good, nap good and love better, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

And, Matt, don't get discouraged. Sometimes not getting a job you wanted just means a better job is what you're meant to get. In the meantime, I'm not sure what field you're searching in, but there is a great need for people who can write in PR and Marketing. The following link is great if you can include it in any cover letter.

http://www.kunocreative.com/blog/bid/72221/Best-Move-for-Content-Marketing-Hire-a-Journalist

And another link within that link is also great -- it's basically an anonymous letter of recommendation.

http://www.poynter.org/how-tos/leadership-management/94647/ten-reasons-you-should-hire-a-journalist/

A lot of people out there get it that journalists can do so much more than just newspapers. You just need to find them. And then they'll find you.

And, again, Happy Thanksgiving to all here as SportsJournalists.com. Have a great weekend and holiday season.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

For all of you facing travel headaches in the Northeast today, good luck.

Thanksgiving dinner goes on the table at 1:00, which means everything will be suitably digested before the first *&^%$$%! image of Jerry Jones comes across my TV.

Have a great holiday.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I don't love you all. ... but Moddy is a better man than I will ever be.

SportsJournalists.com has been a part of my life for more than 14 years now. ... and I do like most of you, for what it's worth. You've kept me company many days when I needed a distraction from work, or I was just plain procrastinating.

I hope you all have a great holiday season and end of the year. I have a lot to look forward to, including two weeks in Europe in December doing absolutely nothing except being fed great food and taking long walks through pretty little villages.

Draft saved Draft deleted