1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP "The Bitch Set Me Up"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hope this is not a DB. Not sure anymore on rules of posting deaths of politicians. If the mods need to take down etc

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/us/politics/marion-s-barry-jr-former-mayor-of-washington-dies-at-78.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0&gwh=65A661323BE090EF47D52A97913D6109&gwt=pay&assetType=nyt_now

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He's gone to that great crack pipe in the sky.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The quintessential American Mayor. Sleazy, corrupt, polarizing, effective and difference making. He belongs with Huey Long and Richard Daley.

He played the race card better than anyone else, ever; and he dealt it from the bottom of the deck.

Best story was Barry getting a blow job from a visitor to see him in jail, not his wife, in the day visiting room. No shits were given that day

4. Boom_70

He's right near the top. Newark has had some great ones such as Hugh Addanizio and Sharpe James

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Bitch, please. I bombed my own people." - Wilson Goode

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They're going to have to screw him into the ground.

7. Boom_70

Not one of the better moments in municipal decision making.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I had been very familiar with Mayor Barry's story, through the years, but was unaware that he'd been born in Itta Bena, Mississippi and later moved to Memphis.
    RIP, Marion Barry, Jr.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Marion S. Barry, Jr. ‏@marionbarryjr

Guess who's gonna be on Oprah this Sunday? You guessed it. Tune in to "Where Are They Now," on Sun., November 23rd at 9pm EST. I can't wait!
    Washington, DC

1:15 PM - 20 Nov 2014

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The bitch set him up!

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Barry was enrolled as a doctoral student in the chemistry program at the University of Tennessee. I think he was the first black in the program and had to have been one of the first blacks admitted to grad school at U.T.

12. Boom_70

A regular Walter White

Draft saved Draft deleted