1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files: Elementary school?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rockbottom, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Hmmm....maybe she's in jail because she broke the law?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

There are laws against "scantily clad" photos?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I really don't have a lot of sympathy for people caught doing inappropriate things with elementary children. Why in hell would you send a ten year old bikini pics? If a male teacher sent your ten year old daughter pictures of himself in a Speedo would you feel differently?

4. Tarheel316

They charged her with a crime and put her in jail. That means she's accused of violating some kind of statute.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wouldn't this fall under the "annoying or molesting a child" statute for sexual offenses with a minor?

6. Tarheel316

She was charged by the Lee County sheriff's office with two counts of cruelty toward a child and transmitting information harmful to minors. Apparently, O_T doesn't think those are crimes.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's certainly creepy, and I've already said it's incredibly inappropriate.

But if the pictures weren't showing any more than she might show at a public pool or beach, how is it "cruelty?" Do we start arresting women at beaches if there are children around? I just want to know exactly what we're talking about. Was the "information harmful to minors" the pictures? Was she copy-and-pasting passages from Fanny Hill?

Things can be annoying, creepy and inappropriate without being criminal. I'm simply asking.

8. Tarheel316

Okay, I get that. Whatever she did I'm sure will come out in court.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

While they are at it, they should hold a public beating of the kid's parents for allowing him to have a phone. Dumbasses.

Draft saved Draft deleted