1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 18, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Marshawn, are you a complete idiot?

Yeah.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Beckham 11 years earlier.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Haha, that's great.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rhody, Thomas had three touchdowns yesterday. He couldn't have hurt your fantasy team too much.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Ozzie Smith of football catches.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's interesting. My only interaction with him was at the combine, where he could not have been more friendly or engaging. I'm guessing he feels "burned" by the media over the years and this is the way he responds.

You're right, this is not a Ricky Williams situation where he has anxiety about talking or anything like that.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Had zero to do with my point.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wonder how we'll look back at the catch when he starts doing it regularly. He practices it, so this won't be the last one. It's a unique weapon, I wonder if he was already doing it for teams at the combine.

11. sportbook

sportbook Member

It's certainly in the discussion. Irving Fryar made a catch for the Eagles at Giants Stadium in 1996 that was crazy. Was lined up on the right side and ran a post and made a leaping one-handed catch with his LEFT hand. Still don't know how he did that but it was nuts.

Beckham used to catch kickoffs in the end zone with one hand consistently at LSU. Of course he muffed a punt that cost them a game (44-41 loss) at Georgia last year too.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The two best catches I've seen this season have been Beckham's from last night and Brandon Marshall's one-handed TD grab against the 49ers.

Draft saved Draft deleted