1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 18, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Catch of the year, right there.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

And it's not close.
    Unreal.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm a caddy at TPC Boston. People lose their shit about playing a PGA Tour course. I just see it as a target golf course that's in ridiculous shape.
    Excited for the trip. We're doing the tour Saturday, trying to do the "legends" level so we can get on the field.
    I don't need fancy beers; I'm a Coors Light/Bud Light guy.
    From what y'all are saying, it seems like having a good time won't be a problem.

4. Rhody31

You might be underselling that one.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

This was one hell of a WR draft.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think that's it right there. I've said before, that guys like Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger are great at improvising when a play breaks down, but Manning does it all before the snap. He knows defenses inside and out, and where to find the holes. His pre-snap routine is all about getting receivers into a position to get to those holes and then get them the ball before the defense adjusts.
    Even in his prime, Manning has never thrown a lot of passes that travel 50 yards in the air. His deepest throws are rarely more than 25 or 30 yards, and then the receivers turn them into longer plays. It's snap, 1-2-3, get the ball to the guy he knows will be open (usually within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage), and then on to the next one, all the way down the field. You say he rarely throws to a second or third option, but how many times does he throw to a guy who's covered? His targets are almost always open.

It's why he can look like crap for three quarters and then light it up in the fourth. Eventually, he's either going to figure out where your weakness is or you're going to give him a look he's studied and knows how to exploit.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think that's the most imaginative 2 play set I've ever seen under Garret.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That sick catch after being clearly interfered with for five yards.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

my Facebook page just blew up with Beckham.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Another angle:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Rhody31

The guys he throws to are usually open, but I don't think he's getting past one or two reads. Again, I'm seeing only the stuff that pops up on RedZone or when they playing Thurs/Sun/Mon night, but if Demaryius Thomas lines up right and Manning looks left after the snap, the ball is going left.
    Anytime a play breaks down, Manning is a mess.
    But the fact he makes all those decisions pre-snap is impressive. It's just frustrating as a fantasy owner.

Draft saved Draft deleted