1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hang with the hacks: Alabama shilling "press box experiences"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rockbottom, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I've covered a game or two there. Definitely primo seats. Silly to let the media have them for free when you're Bama and you can sell them for $10,000 a pop.

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Can someone covering Bama's game let us know how this turns out?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Best I've experienced. Always loved covering games there because the view was so perfect, though sometimes the sun could cook you and your laptop pretty good. Last time there I fell and busted my ass in front of everyone on the steps by the elevator. Not my best moment.

4. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

About four hours left to bid!
    Four extra yokels in the press box....just what the working media want!
    I just wonder if they will actually get kicked out if when they break the no cheering rule.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think this guy has a bid in.
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/11/brian_downing_alabama_fan_guil.html

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Do they get to learn to plagiarize from the new AL.com SEC writer?

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Wonder how the "pressbox" experience went today? Anybody there to give us an inside look? ;D

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Possibly, and the pressbox has outstanding photography opportunities for your FB profile.

9. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are doing a similar thing, http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=446093&pgmode1=partsearch&pgcust1=&&qt%5B0%5D.type=fieldmatch&qt%5B0%5D.name=title&qt%5B0%5D.value1=lungevity

10. doctorx

doctorx Member

More costly to cover the Angels than the Tide.

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

12. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

I can see CEOs of newspaper companies reading this and thinking, "Hmmmm ... I could auction off the seats we normally waste on the beat writer and just take a story off TV."

All money raised would go to the CEO's bonus, of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted