1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Junior hockey coach drops an F-Bomb on reporter(s).

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NathanFournier87, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Know a guy who played in the minors for Chris Nilan and he said Nilan would talk shit and try to intimidate every coach in the league but Brophy. Doubt many reporters raised their voice to Brophy.

2. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

I don't know a lot about this particular team, but in my experience many of these junior programs don't necessarily have a PR person.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I used to work with an OHL team and when I was there they had a media relations person...but looking through Sudbury's website, I don't see such a contact.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I worked with a team in Sudbury's division for years, in my experience they didn't have a dedicated PR person and few teams had a PR person who traveled (that was one of my jobs on the road). I exchanged emails with the Wolves' radio guy who had no idea this incident had even taken place until I sent him the link.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Terry Crisp could do that, too.

6. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

I've never dealt with Mike Milbury, but my gut feeling is that he would change his behavior in this media environment.

7. Or they are the play by play man and wrapping up the game/doing a post game show.

Draft saved Draft deleted