1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cold brew coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

i want to be able to make my own. Anyone have any experience with cold brew makers? Some run as low as $25.

And how about the grind? Do I have to go extra fine?

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Have to admit I thought a coffee question would be right up this board's alley. I guess I no longer have my finger on the pulse of Sportsjournalists.com.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think you basically soak the beans overnight, right? That's too long a process. I hardly have enough patience to let my French press coffee brew for a couple minutes.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. I have done this. Use room temperature, or slightly cold water. Let it sit at least 12 hours. I am not sure what kind of grind is optimal.

The benefit is that when you take the heat out, the coffee turns out less acidic. The downside is that it takes too long, so I never do it.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

They can't all be as good as the urinals thread.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, the great urinals thread. Not a day goes by without me thanking my lucky stars for being born with a dick. What a useful, convenient toy.

I know squat about cold brewing. Where's YF?

Draft saved Draft deleted