1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must-visit U.S. cities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 20, 2014.

1. doctorx

doctorx Member

Actually, there isn't a Golden Corral in St. Augustine. Doesn't fit with the theme, but one near I-95 would do well.

2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Some others mysteriously left off the list:

1. Springfield, Mass.
    2. Central Falls, R.I.
    3. Bethlehem, PA
    4. Modesto, Calif.
    5. Stockton, Calif.
    6. Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
    7. Fitchburg, Mass.
    8. Trenton, N.J.
    9. Wilmington, Del.
    10. Bridgeport, Conn.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good list made better if you added Camden and Newark NJ.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

And East St. Louis.

Not a whole lot of reasons to go to Poughkeepsie, unless that's where your hotel is when you visit the Culinary Institute or Hudson Valley wineries. The city itself is pretty lame, save for that new walkway over the river.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Newark-Trenton-Camden -- Jersey's Triangle of Excellence.

Many parts of Trenton are shitty but there are a few gorgeous sections to drive through. My last apartment in South Trenton was a loft in an old Cuban cigar factory. From the outside it looks like the apartment complex to Melrose Place, central fountain and all.

If you need a rock hookup, I'll connect you to the right peeps. Corner of Chambers and Walnut is a good place to start.

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Too obvious - I figured everyone already knew those were must-sees. And I left off East St. Louis because it was already mentioned. Same deal with Flint. But if you do make your way to Flint, it would he a shame not to check out Saginaw while you're in the neighborhood. Kind of like how no trip to Springfield is complete without a side jaunt to Holyoke.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Holyoke can be pretty dangerous. It's filled with raging lesbians driving Subaru's .
    I would avoid it.

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

And hitting volleyballs. Driving Subarus and hitting volleyballs.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Guess that's better than driving volleyballs and hitting Subarus...

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd prefer seeing lesbians driving Subarus with breasts the size of volleyballs.

11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Uh -- no. You are confusing the city of Holyoke, Mass. with Mt. Holyoke College, which is in South Hadley (Northampton, home of Smith College, is also similar to what you are describing).

I believe if any of you had ever been to the actual city of Holyoke, you would not be describing it that way.

12. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Crime data on Holyoke:

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city/massachusetts/holyoke

Draft saved Draft deleted