1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tennessee's D will be so goddamn good next season. They're kids this season.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's a fact, Jack.

/fanboi.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Is this really a perspective held by anyone other than the most fervent Notre Dame Golden Domers?

Is Notre Dame your "area team?" /DickWhitman

4. Songbird

It's crappy because the exact double-pick led to ND's first TD, and it wasn't called.

On the game-winning TD, it was called, hence crappy.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A couple of things....

1. By the letter of the rule, there was offensive pass interference on the play. But they called it on the wrong guy. If you're going to call that, then you sure as shit have the right number of the offending player when you have to explain it to the sideline.......and you better sell the fuck out of the call too. The fact that the Back Judge stood back there, and allowed his two guys on the side and the white hat to take the brunt of Kelly's yelling.....that's no good.

2. If you're going to call that, then you (and your crew) had better get EVERY hold, EVERY pass interference, EVERY EVERYTHING.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A prediction.

Hoke gets dumped, Miles leaves Baton Rouge goes to Ann Arbor
    Fisher leaves Florida State, takes over for Miles at LSU.
    Sumlin leaves A/M..goes to Florida State.
    Mushcamp gets dumped, replaced by Mullen.
    Petrino leaves Louisville....goes to Mississippi State.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Notre Dame gets its cock sucked by the refs for every play of every game for 100+ years -- one slam-dunk obvious call goes against 'em, so here comes the butthurt.

8. Songbird

I'm a USC 'boi.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This brings the all-time count of last-minute debatable calls by the refs to ND 1,397, Opponents 3.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Todd Gurley plans to apply for reinstatement today:

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102214aab.html

School is supporting his application, which implies it will be approved.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

So we are taking our son (and my in-laws) to Pullman on Saturday. Son's first football game. I can't wait. Haven't been to my alma mater in four years, back in the Paul Wulff era. Crowd was dead, team looked bad, painful to see.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Cool deal, murph. Have a great time with the family. And it's actually an afternoon game for once!

On the field, expect the usual Pac-12 shootout, with about 750 passing yards for Halliday.

Draft saved Draft deleted