1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 10 comments your site gets now that you switched to Facebook logins.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

People just can't be quite as horrible with their names attached, unless …

10. "Heard he has a hot wife."

9. "Great job guys! Really proud of the effort we put out on the field or court tonight in sports! Keep it up and let me know if you need anything! :)" (Facebook photo: 40-something woman in provacative pose.)

8. "Gee, @Greg Posniack, you might like this story." (The unsaid being that this person can't figure out how to share a link on his or her own page.)

7. "Great article! This is exactly what I've been saying for years! We do need to exterminate the Muslim problem!" (Note: This comment will only appear on articles about high school tennis between two white girls.)

6. "Sports were better back in my day. Never had these wannabe thugs trying to show off all the damn time."

5. "SMH misleading headline by our very own Daily Rag. Big surprise. The Eagles didn't dominate the Hawks, the Hawks got dominated by the Eagles. Maybe one day the Daily Rag editors will pull their heads out of their asses and realize what objectivity means."

4. "Hay idiot! u mispelled the 16 word of ur 23rd paragraf doesnt n e 1 even proof-reed these things?"

3. "Free reel rolex WATCHES 4 YOu now FREE! http://freerolex4u.com"

2. "Typical 'libruhl' media bias ignoring the plight of the white, Christian man." (Often these comments come in stories about white, Christian men.)

1. "Why is this even a story?"

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Typical liberal media [blah-blah-blah]" is a reader comment that doesn't discriminate. It shows up everywhere, the latest being that it's complicit in an assault on our freedoms by condemning spousal abuse.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

11. My sister makes $2600 a week and never even leaves her house!

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have developed a mental gear that allows me to navigate past the retard swales in comments sections.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

In Southern California it's: "This wouldn't happen if we didn't have so many illegal aliens."

Can be on any article, from unrest in Mexico to Hometown High losing in girls tennis.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is not a Southern California thing. It's the same thing in Idaho and Indiana.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

On Steelers blogs everywhere:

"Keep lying, sock puppet. Nobody believes you. Are you too lazy to scroll up? You are clearly wrong. You don't like it when I correct you, but you should do a better job with your posts. Also, personal attacks are a violation of board policy, you fucking douchebag."

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Ebola is also illegal aliens' fault, don't ya know. Especially the ones whom the president allowed to come here "unvaccinated."

[​IMG]

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Learn to read.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think I've seen that on SJ's very own NFL thread. And the TV thread. And the MLB thread. And the thread about how cute kittens are. And ...

Draft saved Draft deleted