1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The hardest I ever laughed was ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Delirious
    Bad Santa
    The first time I heard Dice Clay do nursery rhymes
    The Palestinian Chicken episode of Curb
    The Funkhauser joke to Seinfeld on Curb
    Springtime for Hitler

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This photo got my coworker and I laughing so hard, our boss finally came out of his office and yelled at us to settle down.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Sermon on the Mount scene in The Life of Brian is probably the hardest I've ever laughed.

Every Sperm Is Sacred from The Meaning of Life is a close second.

"I call the big one Bitey" from The Simpsons' Marge vs. the Monorail is up there, as well.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Good call on this. I saw this in theaters and I laughed so hard I missed just about all of the dialogue for the next scene or two.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Debbie Downer's first appearance.

And, you have to hear Mitch Hedberg's delivery to get his humor. Reading it straight is good for a chuckle, but with his timing, it's hilarious.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Love the marine biologist one, especially at the end as George tells his story. If I recall, the dialogue was only written the night before filming.
    "The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw

Another of my absolute favorite episodes was "The Little Kicks," where Elaine "dances," Kramer's friend Brody the bootlegger has issues, George tries to be a bad boy and Jerry is a bootlegger. So many great scenes and lines from that episode. Sweet Fancy Moses!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ39WeJpDLQ

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup. Good call.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Barney Miller" - The hash brownies. Fish leaping across rooftops chasing a suspect. Yemana getting all effusive about how they get "mooshie" in coffee. And:

Barney: Harris, take these and get them analyzed, fast. (Harris starts to eat another brownie.) NOT THAT WAY!

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Several scenes from Woody Allen's "Bananas." The one where Allen helps a guy backing into a Manhattan parking space and after the guy rams the car behind him gives him the OK sign and walks on, finding supplies for the revolution by ordering deli takeout. "I'd like 750 tuna fish sandwiches, etc," and of course, the opening scene, Howard Cosell broadcasting an assassination for "Wide World of Sports."

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Dead honky!"

Draft saved Draft deleted