1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parenthood Season 6: Will someone die with the show?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Kill off Julia.

2. joe

joe Active Member

My wife and I really like the show, but they could cut one plot thread per week and make it better. And I agree that it's much more real life than any of the so-called reality shows.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Geez, I was sure Crosby was going to be this season's kill-off on that motorcycle. Maybe he gets an infection and it does him in further down the road.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, the "Find a plot for Ray Romano" has jumped the shark for me.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This was a strange but very good and maybe great episode. I'd guess this is the first episode ever to not have Kristina and the first to not have any of the younger children (though it's definitely not the first to cut Haddie). So this week's Braverman power rankings are a bit light:

1. Drew: He's become one of my favorite characters over the past couple seasons. Here, he did everything right, being firm yet supportive like a good mattress.
    2. Camille: Bonnie Bedelia is acting her ass off this season.
    3. Zeek: Staying alive counts.
    4. Joel: That's crushing. He's being so great yet gets his heart broken.
    5. Amber: Even though you needed that swift kick in the ass from your brother, I'm glad you did all the right things.
    6. Ryan: That's the right initial reaction. But you need some self-awareness, friend.
    7. Julia: I get it. I hate it, but I get it. You also were the only one to take care of your mother.
    8. Jasmine: Good work, I guess?
    9. Sarah: I mean, you tried. But you always leave me shaking my head.
    10. Hank: You just step in your own shit every time you're around a woman, don't you? Been there.
    11. Adam: The relentless negativity wasn't cool. Also, I really like the Luncheonette, so don't let it die.
    12. Crosby: The War on Drugs is good motorcyle music. That wasn't good motorcycle riding. Also, I really like the Luncheonette, so don't let it die.

Missing in action were Kristina, Haddie, Max, Victor, Sydney, Jabbar, Nora and Aida.

6. old_tony

I think Camille putting Zeek's ring back on might just be the best moment of television this season. For that reason I would have swapped Camille and Drew.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

Camille bites it at the end after a season of everyone stressing over papa brave. 'yea, zeek, knew you'd be okay! mama brave, look, zeek's gonna be okay... um, mama brave... wake up... mama brave... WAKE UP, BONNIE!!! DAMMIT!!!' they could/should kill off joel/Julia's daughter. I would enjoy that. she has nothing likable about her. I mean. NOTHING!!!

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Another unusual but strong episode. I really enjoyed the characters meeting with Zeek, particularly seeing his daughter-in-laws with him without the sons. We haven't had many or maybe any Jasmine-Zeek scenes that didn't involve Crosby. I like the way they've built this season, particularly the Joel-Julia story line. Anyway, Braverman of the week rankings:

1. Kristina: I get her worries about Max, though they were a bit overbearing. (I did like the hair stuff.) But she gets the top spot for the end.
    2. Jasmine: Between dealing with Crosby and hanging with Zeek, she had a very strong presence for the first time this season.
    3. Max: Hit that.
    4. Hank: He won! Really hoping this doesn't lead to him leaving Sarah for his ex.
    5. Adam: You're a great son and husband and father. We get it. But my favorite interactions of yours are always with Crosby.
    6. Zeek: Honestly, I'm going easy on him since he just got out of the hospital.
    7. Joel: Jesus, man, it's impossible not to feel bad for you right now even if this is your own doing.
    8. Aida: She doesn't have Crosby's nose!
    9. Victor: I like that he's been very good about all this. He seems mature now, in a believable and understated way.
    10. Julia: It's amazing how much I have been able to empathize with her this season, even as she takes on a typical villain-esque role.
    11. Jabbar: He seems to rely on being cute too much for a kid his age. Flip side: He is really cute. But then again, his sister is cuter.
    12. Sarah: "Sometimes 40" got a solid laugh, but she was trying a bit too hard before that. Act like you've been there.
    13. Camille: I thought she was a bit overbearing here. Her worrying has me worried.
    14. Crosby: On one hand, the retreat stuff was funny. On the other, he is making every wrong decision possible.
    15. Sydney: She might have seriously damaged that girl. Also, how does one cast for "pudgy, pale, ugly, nerdy 10-year-old"? Hollywood is the worst.

Missing in action were Nora, Haddie, Drew, Ryan and Amber.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Also I read that one of the concessions made was every character would miss two episodes this season, which explains all the strange cast absences. An episode without Adam will be weird. I'm guessing we'll have some form of bottle episode, probably starring Amber or maybe even Haddie(!), that won't feature many other regulars.

10. old_tony

Another great ranking. Really good episode tonight, and I didn't miss Amber at all.
    Enough good characters on the show to give one or two a night off.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Nora did have a line though....she told her brother not to say "suck", that's pretty significant. LOL

12. old_tony

While I await Vers's episode rating, I will say that something definitely appears to be brewing with Crosby.
    And it doesn't make a lot of sense that things are so bad at The Luncheonette without Adam being all upset.

Draft saved Draft deleted