1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it time to get rid of cheerleaders and ice girls?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Classic argument by the upper-crusters wishing to evade minimum-wage laws.

NFL franchises are multi-billion dollar businesses largely financed by money screwed out of taxpayers by extortionate stadium leases.

They can god damn well afford to pay their dancing babes $75 for an 8-hour game shift.

Sure. I think all the pink uniform stuff looks silly but arguing teams should quit doing it is in essence arguing against raising funds for breast cancer prevention. Utterly unsurprising for a misogynist pig such as Fatfuck Pedoboy.

As far as equating Goodell with the M.N., Goodell has nothing to do with the M.N., a fact clearly understood by all except rabid shitbrains such as Fatfuck Pedoboy.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Welp, this turned uninteresting in a hurry.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Its not designed to raise money. Its goal is to raise "awareness". That's a big part of why a lot of people criticize it.

I'm not sure he attempted to equate Goodell to the President.

It was a critique of the press.

Suddenly, now that they think Goodell is vulnerable, the press found the strength to ask him tough questions. Access to, and winning favor from, Goodell was no longer the goal.

The Toy Department wasn't all fun 'n games.

The question was, why isn't the Washington press corp asking tough questions?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd bet folding money the typical NFL franchise doesn't come within an iota of violating minimum-wage laws. They do a lot of stupid things, but generally those things involve an economic upside. There's absolutely NO economic upside for an NFL team to evade the minimum wage w.r.t. to its cheerleaders. None. Nada. Zilch.

Facts really aren't your thing, are they?

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

"I tell the brainy ones they are hot and hot ones they are smart."

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No shit.

Between this and the thread about Senator Likes 'Em Fat, it seems we've lost sight of the opportunity to talk about T&A.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. YankeeFan

Senator Likes 'Em Fat sounds like a Native American name. Can't you come up with something that sounds more Hawaiian?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It does sound a bit (D), though, doesn't it?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. YF got to shove "MEDIA BAD!!!!!" and political crap into one post! The sheer joy must have brought him to tears.

11. YankeeFan

Hey dummy, Starman brought the politics into it, and mischaracterized what was said.

Go be a burr on his ass.

The excerpt I quoted had nothing to do with politics, or the media.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't care what any of you think. I WANT TO FUCK A CHEERLEADER.

It's on my bucket list.

And all this poin stuff makes me want to fuck a teacher too.

Hell I'd like to fuck lots of things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted