1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 23, 2014.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Glazer reporting Allen out in Oakland. But we've seen this before [/crossthread]

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I certainly can't remember a year when there have been this many high-profile ass whippings.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Not just that, but the perceptions of so many teams changes from week to week. This is what parity looks like. Ugly.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Things seem odd because our perception is still being altered by preseason assumptions. If say Jacksonville had won 16-9 over the Raiders last week and then gotten slammed by KC on the road, we wouldn't be surprised. The Pats have struggled on offense all year, and have one big win because Matt Cassel threw them four picks. But the assumption is, these are the Patriots, so what we're seeing is an anomaly that'll end soon. Maybe not.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That was an ass-beating.
    A BB Patriots team hadn't given up 300-plus yards in a first half ever, and I don't think that's an aberration. This just isn't a good team.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Right now they're not, for sure. But they're still in the AFC East and they could not improve very much and still win their division handily.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Worst part about this is we don't get to hear Bill Simmons whine about it for another two weeks.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

BTW- the "controversial" Abdullah celebration, the league reaped this when it chose selectively to bless Tebow's prayer.
    What happens when an atheist dude gives a middle finger to the sky after scoring?

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I can think of a number of years lately where I've gone into a season thinking that the Pats were pretty much done, but then some combination of the brilliance of Brady & Belichek, the emergence of the tight ends, and mostly the enduring and reliable mediocrity of the AFC East, they still manage to win 12 games a year. If this is the end, it's a miracle it took this long. I still don't see a team in that division taking it away from them no matter how bad they are.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Lost in the blowout was just how bad the Chiefs clock management was at the end of the first half. Don't ever change Andy Reid.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK.

(commas matter)

Draft saved Draft deleted