1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Rossville was up 77-14 at half.
    I saw that score on the drive home and about choked on my beer.

2. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

We had an 85-0 final in 11-man last night. Was 44-0 after one quarter, 79-0 at the half.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not so much an odd score but an odd trend. I've had one local team win 7-6 because the other team missed a PAT then lose 7-6 because they missed a PAT. And all this after blowing a game in OT because they missed a PAT that would have ended the game (their opponent had missed their extra point in a college rules overtime segment).

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

We had a 70-8 game. Winning team has had running clock in every game this season. Losing team hasn't topped the 10-point mark in any game since Sept. 19.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw a pair of 68-pointers from around the state last night.
    One was 68-20, and the other was 68-0.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Pius X 63, Carson Long 2.

Gotta love those late safeties.

The losing team is that school I mentioned earlier that had to forfeit in the second quarter a few weeks ago.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Gilbertville Don Bosco - an eight-man team in Iowa - went TCU on some poor opponent on Friday night.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/25/7068935/an-iowa-high-school-football-team-won-102-6

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In the college division, Lindsey Wilson beat Belhaven (NAIA schools) 91-14 today.
    Lindsey Wilson led 63-0 late in the first half and 84-7 at the end of the third quarter, but only had 525 yards of total offense. Belhaven had seven turnovers, three of which were returned for touchdowns.

http://blazers.belhaven.edu/news/2014/10/25/FB_1025142021.aspx

9. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

I spent two seasons at my last stop. The first year, Podunk High beats Rival High 8-7 (Rival TD + PAT to start second half, Local TD + 2 with 1 second left). The next year, Rival beats Podunk 7-6 (Podunk TD + missed PAT in fourth, Rival TD + PAT with 0:00). Away team won both.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Worked 2 games last night. Freshman and a JV game.

First one, a ho hum 28-22 contest.
    Second one.....72-40.

My feet are killing me.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I can recall a two-year nonregion series involving a local team, which won the first game 14-13 when the opponent scored with no time left but missed the extra point. The second game, said opponent again scored late (although with time left, IIRC) but made the extra point and it ended 21-21 (no mandatory overtime in interclassification games).

When they called the score in, the first thing I said was "so they made the extra point this year."

12. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

Haha! Very nice. So the aforementioned 8-7 and 7-6 teams two years later?

82-15.

Draft saved Draft deleted