1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winston suspended from entire Clemson game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Agreed. What is the value of him being on the sidelines, other than a constant reminder of his idiocy?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So who here thinks Winston sneaks back into the locker room, puts on his pads, then the backup and 3rd-string FSU QBs start mysterously limping around?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

With each passing day Jameis Winston makes Johnny Manziel look like Roger Staubach.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The official explanation is that he needs to be there to help Maguire with the offense. Like he is a good mentor at this point!

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As I said earlier, it also ensures he's not out running amok in society.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

plus, The stated reason FSU increased the suspension from a half to the game is Winston's dishonesty to the school. So Winston doesn't know that no-means-no and his denials as to rape and theft should not be given any credence. This kid is thug, Manziel doesn't approach this class of asshole

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Hey, he's sat out for a whole game. Now he can play in the OT, right? ;)

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bad job by the Mothership right there. HAVE to ask about the move the moron did at the beginning of the game instead of the milquetoast offering by Rinaldi.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You would have thought somebody might have seen Winston suiting up in the locker room and said "uh, WHAT?" If I'm Jimbo I put a full-time minder on that guy. A grad assistant or three with him 24/7.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Would have been really fun if he had managed to keep the pads on and snuck himself I to the game at one point.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I just keep wondering what would Bobby have done about the situation.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually, Johnny got in less trouble than Winston by hanging in bars with an entourage. The only thing they haven't nailed Winston on is drinking and/or drugs. Not that he hasn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted