1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad B.O.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Sep 17, 2014.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

When live imitates Seinfeld. I got off a 12-hour flight where I was seated next to someone with bad B.O. Miserable.

And to top it off, when she started to doze off, she would yawn, which sounded like the yelp of a rather large dog.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There was a kid on my floor my freshman year of college who just had it the worst.
    He was such a nice guy that nobody had the heart to tell him he stunk to high heaven.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

There was an East Indian kid in my English class in high school who smelled worse than anybody I've ever encountered. He was Sikh and wore a turban and just sweat all over the place. He did not use deodorant and only showered once a week. Smart guy, good family, ended up going to Brown.

He smelled worse than the football locker room after two-a-days in August. We complained to the teacher and he sat him by the door to minimize the impact on the classroom.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Next time, take pics:

http://nypost.com/2014/09/17/meet-the-rudest-grossest-airline-passengers-in-the-skies/

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I have a coworker who, at least a few times a week, has terrible B.O. I am positive he doesn't use deodorant and I'm not sure how regularly he showers. It's awful. If he spends any time in my office, after he leaves, I spray perfume onto a tissue and hold it to my nose because otherwise, the B.O. smell makes me feel sick. Something like 15 years ago, our COO at the time regularly had to have our HR person talk to him about hygiene, but nothing ever changed. It's a shame, because he's a nice man, and the first thing anyone thinks about him is that he stinks. He's married, so I guess his wife doesn't mind. Or she smells, too.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Had a dude at my last stop who was pretty large and in charge and had a stink to match. He would always be in the bookkeeper's office for one reason or another and she would have to abandon ship when ever he'd leave. He worked in a small office with another woman who eventually went nose deaf.
    What was worse—as if fat stank ass wasn't enough—he would fart on a regular basis and clear his tiny office. Complaints were lodged, but nothing was really done. There was a large sigh of relief when he finally took another job.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We had two veteran sports copy editors at my previous stop -- a major metro -- who smelled so bad on a regular basis that each was called into the office and told that a shower, using deodorant soap, was mandatory before coming to work each day.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Every newsroom has one dude who smells terrible. Usually more than one.

Draft saved Draft deleted