1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Site issues?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The site has been really, really slow loading up the last two days.
    Anyone else having issues?
    Every other site pops up as quickly as ever. Not this one.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Same for me. Super slow.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yes, for me too, both on a laptop and on an iPhone.

The problem seems to be that once you click to do something, the site tries to connect to

api.codehelper.io

which is taking forever to respond, as in over a minute, almost two minutes.

api.codehelper.io appears to be some site that helps trace back to your real IP address. Hopefully it can be turned off if it was recently turned on. Or fixed. Something is definitely wrong with the SportsJournalists.com site because of it.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Excruciatingly slow for me, too, with that same api.codehelper.io hanging things up.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Same here. I worried that this 'codehelper' thing is some kind of malware (though I haven't gotten any warning from my Norton software). I tried googling that 'codehelper' address but I get links that seem to take some time before I get a 'session timed out' notice.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was going to post a similar thread, but it was taking too damn long. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Same here ... I'm wondering if that codehelper thing is linked to one of the SportsJournalists.com ads?

Or maybe we've posted too many times about Five Guys, and there's a partial blockage in SportsJournalists.com's arteries ... paging Doc Talk ... :D

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just wondering if others having problems all have Ad blocker enabled. If I have to dump ad blocker for it to speed up - I'm out.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been awful.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I tried switching browsers and it does it across the board, so it's not a browser issue on my end.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd almost rather have the site completely down than being this SLOW....
    Reminds me of modem days!

I don't run adblocker, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.