1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ray Rice Elevator Video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 8, 2014.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I would pay to watch Jeffrey Kessler cross-examine Roger Goodell about how much he knew and when.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/11/03/nfl-roger-goodell-ray-rice-appeal-domestic-abuse-jeffrey-kessler/18444863/

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I predict that Rice will be back and will have an influenece on playoffs. My prediction - The Pats sign him.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If he got to just tee off on him, it would be fun. But the NFL is going to have its lawyers there, so I doubt it will get as good as you are imagining. They will have Goodell prepared, and saying as little as possible -- which is the one thing Goodell might be good at. This isn't the court of public opinion, where he seems dishonest or evasive if he dodges around questions. Also, they are going to be objecting to Kessler and Ginsburg's questions to bog down the proceedings. It is going to get testy, but I would be surprised if they get any smoking guns out of it. The NFL will have some nasty-ass lawyers at their table, too.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Ozzie Newsome reportedly testified Thursday that he heard Rice tell Goodell he hit Janay, which Goodell has of course denied:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11832947/baltimore-ravens-general-manager-ozzie-newsome-testified-heard-ray-rice-tell-roger-goodell-elevator-incident-sources-say#comments

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

So basically this show Goodell as either a liar or incompetent. Neither looks good for him.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He should be reinstated. Now, good luck finding a team to actually bring him in.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. It's all well and good but he won't be playing for anyone anytime soon -- if ever again.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He will be in the playoffs. Indianapolis is my bet.

10. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Oakland Raiders.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I said from the beginning he is not worth the headache. He's not a top-flight back anymore. Hell, if he were still on the Ravens, he might not even be getting regular playing time.

12. Once again, Peter King looks like nothing more than Goodell's PR man.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11913473/janay-rice-gives-own-account-night-atlantic-city

Hill's as-told-to interview contrasts what King reported.

Per Deadspin ...

Draft saved Draft deleted