1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Verlander-Upton Picture "Scandal"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 31, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

A few representatives have threatened prosecution for sites posting them.
    Been on a few football boards today whose moderators won't allow the links posted, either.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Reddit develops scruples, the world as we know it is over.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm turning into an old bleeding heart, but I wouldn't look at them. These women have a right to decide when and if their bodies are displayed publicly.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Now that's my kind of typo! :D

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's The Greek spelling.

regarding said photo one has to wonder if they were looking at what
    could have been a future SI cover model or Baseball HOFer

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

That's incredible.
    I really have nothing else to add to that comment.
    As for the photos, I'm torn. On the one hand, I feel horrible that this happened and it's disgusting that these women have had their privacy invaded like this.
    On the other? Jesus H. Christ. Jennifer Lawrence is a goddess walking among us and anything who would say anything negative about her is delusional. How she's now People's Sexiest Woman Alive is beyond me.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Does that line get you laid?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Reddit had all of the pictures posted to a newly created page called The Fappening.

They suggest users make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

What I heard on the radio this morning -- from a security expert, FWIW -- is that iCloud had a major flaw in that it didn't lock accounts after a certain number of failed attempts to enter a password. That meant hackers could use a program to just bombard the account with password guesses until it got in.

The guy also indicated that two-stage verification would have prevented the problem. Apparently available on some Apple services but not others, but is available on all Google services. If I had anything worth stealing, I might look into it.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Photo scandal probably insures that you will never see Upton again
    on SI cover.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just saw all I needed of her. Who needs SI cover any more?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's strange that the "scandal" has been boiled down -- at least if you go by Facebook posts by newspapers, mags, Deadspins of the world etc -- so that the only focus is on Jennifer Lawrence, as if none of the other 59-60 women matter. There's a weird obsession going on with Lawrence right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted