1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 26, 2014.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Florida not starting until 9, South Florida til 8:15 or so, and FSU previously scheduled for 8. Not a good start to the season for Florida papers. At least UCF was early and nobody is covering FIU!

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

All that said, it was an encouraging game. UVA's front seven is legitimately good, the O-line looked much better than I expected, and even though he shouldn't have been in the game, Matt Johns (from all accounts, a legitimately great kid) looks like he can play a little bit. I'm in Mrs. Taylor's corner here - get London out and prepare for a 7- or 8-win season in the first year under the new coach. There's plenty of talent on the roster.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You think they'd know better and switch to another camera ...

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I would have suspected fear boner, but I don't know if you've ever heard he was once a cop who had a gun pointed at him.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Saw most of the second and about half of the third quarter when UVA went from 21-3 to 21-17 thanks to Johns. He's the guy. Composed back there and throws a pretty ball.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Auburn's ball boys are as fast as their RBs.

http://deadspin.com/auburns-ball-boy-is-hella-fast-1628907195

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Okie State hanging around.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Sarkisians run a Pac-8/10/12 record 104 plays to whip up on the boys from Fresno.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Can we all agree that if Wisconsin holds on to beat LSU, it's because LSU sucks this year and is not to be seen as an indication of the SEC's less-than-dominance?

#Vortex

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

LSU sucking is also the reason Alabama struggled to put away Big 12 bottom dweller West Virginia.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Both these teams look shitty.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted