1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And people don't have to experience it to understand. But they should at least be aware of what goes on.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sorry. I know and fully acknowledge that a percentage of cops are assholes. Guys on power trips who want to play with guns. Thin line between cop and criminal for some.

And, as much as any profession, they protect their worst members.

All that said, the opinions of inner city African-Americans are not the only ones that need to be heard. Certainly they need to be heard. There should be a forum for their complaints to be voiced, and listened to.

But, it should be a dialogue.

If we want to solve problems, people need to talk to each other, not just at/past each other.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Miami-Dade mayor: Put a camera on every cop.

http://bit.ly/RecordaCop

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There's just too much mistrust between the two sides right now. A lot of it has been sown by police.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dick, you're never going to get people to believe their experience with the police hasn't been the same as it is for people everywhere. If you're nice, they're nice!

6. Songbird

Jesse Ventura on Kareem on what we need to start doing to fix the mess:

https://www.facebook.com/jesseventura/posts/913074082053549

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When a small segment of society is committing an out-of proportion percentage of the crime, it's easy for those who deal with that segment of society to feel a little cynical.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What makes you think Ferguson didn't have a meaningful conversation this week? When did a "forum" ever solve anything for the poor?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hey, the poor need their cigars too.

10. Which segment is that? And what type of program are you in favor of that would rectify the problem?

11. Songbird

By the time I get to Dallas Texas.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/20/texas-gun-club-named-after-black-panthers-leader-holds-armed-march-against-killer-cops/?onswipe_redirect=no&oswrr=1

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Has anyone reached Hi-Tek for comment?

Draft saved Draft deleted