1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If TV and movie journalists were real...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Aug 18, 2014.

1. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

The Newsroom comes back pretty soon for its final season and I cannot wait. Love that show.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything I have read and heard about that movie (in previews) guarantees I am going to hate it with the blazing fire of a billion suns.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I wonder if the reason it's on this fall is because they assumed they were done and are being coaxed back (meaning...a hastily thrown-together season that will tank. I hope not.).

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the story was that everybody wanted it back for another season, but Sorkin wasn't sure if he wanted to do it and they were not going to go on without him. That would explain why the season finale could serve very well as the final episode of the series.

That is my concern, that they tied up too many storylines and that will make it a weak final season.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I haven't really kept up intensely on details on "The Network," but everything I have read seems to convey that Sorkin has pretty much lost interest and is only pumping out this final season to keep HBO DVD-sellers happy.

I think the cast is sharp enough the stories should be reasonably decent anyway, but I do get the impression Sorkin looks upon it mainly as a chore (which of course begs the question of what other dynamic creative and exciting project he'd rather be doing instead).

HBO has been having a problem in the past five years or so of its second-level non-headlining mini-series projects running out of creative gas early and then just fizzling out. "Hung" and "In Treatment" would be prime examples.

"Boardwalk Empire," one of its flagships, seems to be sputtering to the finish line much as "Deadwood" did.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I didn't see last season of The Newsroom, did the woman from Match Point ever figure out how to send an email?

7. Amphibious Rodent

Amphibious Rodent New Member

"Where the hell is Dunn?"
    "Hell if I know. Probably drinking with the hockey team again."

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind seeing Brad Pitt play Peter if they remade It Happened One Night.

Hard-charging, carousing, sharp-as-a-knife reporter if ever there was one.

9. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Don't forget Brad Pitt as a reporter in "A River Runs Through It." There was one newsroom scene, but mostly he drank and fished.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The newest First Take host:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

How about House of Cards? The sassy young woman reporter star who sleeps with her sources? And even the older woman she replaces on the White House best says she'd done it to get stories. Yeah, that happens all the time. (sarcasm font)

12. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Ben Urich would have some stories to tell

Draft saved Draft deleted