1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashtabula, OH Sports Editor arrested

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin Biebler, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. He was YankeeFan.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's hysterical.

Got any other funny jokes.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Weird that he got fired before due process has run its course.

I thought that never happens.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

KY and amraeder both say he seemed like a good guy. Why isn't that enough for the publisher?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Instead of your passive-aggressive bitching, do some work and out him yourself, if you are so interested.

6. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Between prison or going to the Enquirer, prison would be much better for Don.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That one wasn't really all that funny, but I laughed. Also couldn't believe it took so long for someone to type it.

8. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Long-time Star Beacon editor Neil Frieder was let go Monday.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

How "longtime?"

Was he the one who originally approved the arrangement of McCormack working PT coaching jobs in addition to his presumably full-time gig as SE, or did he inherit/ walk into an already existing situation?

Never mind the sexual allegations for a moment; I would think some of the powers-that-be residing higher on the food chain, whose responsibility it was to squeeze every last drop of blood out of the turnips of the full-time management staff, would eventually get a little worked up about a scheduling arrangement which would allow the SE enough spare time and enough schedule latitude to pull it off.

In other words, in the view of most small-paper bean-counters/nickel-pinchers/slave-drivers, if the sports staff was luxuriant enough to get all the local events adequately covered and still allow the SE large blocs of discretionary time off during heavy sports-results time slots, they were probably overstaffed.

And an ME/EE who agreed to or tolerated such an arrangement would probably get called on the carpet about it himself, sooner or later.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you're the head coach and know it's going on and you don't report it? Geez.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Must have gone to the JoePa school of management.

Draft saved Draft deleted